Getting locked out can be annoying so I decided to write a few tips that are going to help you unlock your door.
Maybe there is a spare key
* First thing, if you live with a roommate, it’s best to try and reach out to see how long it will take them to arrive and unlock the door.
* If you live in an apartments complex or building go to the office and find out if they have a spare or a master key that will unlock your door.
* If you are renting, ask your landlord if they have an additional key. From past experience, they usually do.
Managing without a key
* If the neighbor’s balcony is right next to yours, you can ask them to pass through.
* Verify that all other doors are really locked.
* Check to see if one of first floor windows are open.
* Check sliding doors.
* If you have a latch door knob installed, you can try to carefully use a credit card to shim the latch. Insert the card between the door and the frame, and jiggle the door (these days, most locks have a small security latch so that method probably will not work).
* You can try lifting the sliding door a little bit using a metal bar. Doing so will release the locking hook.
Didn’t work? Next best step is Calling a local locksmith technician to get you safely into your house.